When you look around your basement and see those foreboding bowing walls and wall cracks, a certain sense of dread comes over you. Bowing or leaning basement walls are a potentially dangerous situation, and the repairs can be very expensive. Fortunately, there is a solution that is both affordable and effective; carbon fiber repairs. The skilled carbon fiber experts at Atlas Piers, will work with you to find the best solution for your foundation walls. Contact us today for more information or to see how carbon fiber could benefit your Atlanta, Georgia home.
What’s making your walls bow out and crack, anyway? Most likely, it is pressure from the soil around the walls; excess water that is absorbed by the soil can cause the hydrostatic pressure in the ground to increase. If the soil around your foundation is exerting too much force against the walls of your basement, the walls, even though they might be concrete, may not be able to hold the pressure. This can cause them to bow or lean inward, or even to develop cracks. This can is a scary prospect for many homeowners. If these problems aren’t fixed soon, your foundation is in danger of collapsing.
Carbon Fiber for Foundation Wall Repair in Atlanta
One sure way to repair your basement walls is to use carbon fiber strips. The most common method to repair bowing or leaning walls used to be installing steel beams vertically inside the wall. These beams were anchored at the top and bottom to ensure that the wall did not more any further. Nowadays, however, this method is being replaced with carbon fiber repairs. In this method, carbon fiber strips are applied to the wall after it is ground smooth and covered with a high strength epoxy. The strips are ingrained into the epoxy using pressure and a steel angle is then bolted to the top. Although the process is rather simple, it is still precise, and requires the knowledge and skills of trained professionals.
Carbon fiber acts as a support system for your basement walls. It can support thousands of pounds, so you know it’s reliable and durable against all of nature’s forces. Carbon fiber prevents bowing walls by counteracting the effect of pressure on walls. It takes away the tension, and “locks” the walls in place, so they won’t bow or crack under pressure.
Benefits of using Carbon Fiber Repairs
- Fast Installation: Depending on the size of the wall, the severity of the bowing or leaning, and the size of any cracks, carbon fiber repairs can be completed in as little time as a single day.
- High Durability: Carbon fiber is an incredibly strong material and will not break. The fibers in carbon fiber do not stretch; this means that the repairs are permanent.
- Low Visibility: Once the strips have been applied to the wall, they show as a small bump merely a fraction of an inch thick. They can then be painted or covered with a normal basement stud if the basement is being finished so that it is completely hidden.
- No Maintenance: Once the repair is finished it requires no further maintenance or attention from a specialist or homeowner.
- Very Affordable: Because the process is simple and the repair does not involve steel beams, it is much cheaper than other methods.
- Environmentally Friendly: Carbon fiber repairs are very “green” in comparison to other repair methods. If you are concerned with being eco-friendly, carbon fiber is the way to go.
We know your home is important to you. That’s why we’re here. We’ll work with you to find cost-effective and lasting repairs to your home, whatever the case may be. With carbon fiber, you can be guaranteed a strong and also “green” foundation repair solution. Carbon has so many amazing qualities to it including high stiffness, high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance, high temperature tolerance and low thermal expansion. The affordability and ease of installation make it an especially convenient choice for many homeowners in the Atlanta area.
All of these qualities make it perfect for use in foundation repairs. It’s like giving your foundation walls a coat of armor. Another great quality about carbon fiber as a repair tool is the lack of evasiveness that will be needed to install the product. We can be in and out of your home rather quickly, and since this is a permanent solution you can be sure that in the long run, you will save a lot of money. We’ll make sure your home is safe and sound! For all your carbon fiber repair in Atlanta needs, come to the carbon fiber leading team at Atlas Piers of Atlanta. Call us now for all your Carbon Fiber Atlanta question, we will gladly take time out and answer them, and provide you with a free estimate if needed.