Every home or commercial structure is built to last, no matter where or how it’s constructed. The basis for any structure is a solid foundation. Whether they’re built on top of solid rock, wet dirt or even sand, every building needs a foundation that will support its weight. Ground anchoring systems such as helical and resistance piers are used in construction and repair projects to strengthen buildings and bolster their structural integrity. Continue reading
Settling is inevitable for all homes, regardless of where or how they were built, and there are significant differences between harmful foundation issues and mere settling. Most homes will naturally settle at least a few inches over the course of their life, but more rapid settlement with new homes should ideally not occur. Continue reading
If you have noticed a crack in your home’s foundation wall, you’re likely asking yourself, “How concerned should I be and how serious is this problem?” Continue reading
Soil Erosion Can Wreak Havoc on Your Georgia Foundation
In many cases, foundation failure is caused by the shifting of soil directly underneath the foundation. This shift in the soil can be caused by many different things. One of the main causes of shifting and moving soil in Georgia is erosion. Erosion of the surface soil near your foundation or of soil underneath your foundation can create several problems for you and your home. If erosion is causing foundation problems for your Georgia home, contact the foundation repair team at Atlas Piers of Atlanta today.
Many homeowners do not realize that the negative effects of erosion are not limited to agriculture, but can also lead to foundation issues for their homes. Erosion occurs when excessive amounts of rain or groundwater from various sources wash away water. Erosion is most common on the surface of the ground, when water washes away the topsoil, which is the layer of nutrient rich soil that helps crops grow. Although the erosion of topsoil is most common, soil under the surface of the ground can also be eroded. This is especially common following dry spells, when the soil shrinkage from lack of moisture has created spaces for the water to flow through. When the soil under the surface is eroded, it forms voids and spaces that do not provide enough support for any foundations built on the ground above. This leads to foundation settlement and sinking.
Not only can the erosion of soil lead to foundation settling and sinking, but it can also lead to water seepage and other basement water issues. If enough of the surface level soil around your home is washed away by the process of erosion, it can create spaces and dips that allow water to collect and pool around the foundation. This water is more likely to leak through foundation cracks or seep through the porous concrete. creating some serious basement water issues.
Foundation Support You can Count on in Georgia
Atlas Piers offers a variety of solutions that can help repair a foundation that has been affected by the erosion of soil. Various underpinning techniques can be utilized to help lift and stabilize a foundation that has started to settle or shift due to erosion. Some of the best solutions include:
- Helical Piers: These piers are anchoring devices that are screwed into the ground under the foundation and used to support and lift the settling foundation, taking the weight of the structure off of the unstable soils.
- Steel Push Piers: Steel piers work in the same manner of helical piers, except they are driven into the ground until they reach load bearing soils instead of screwed in.
- Slab Piers and Porch Piers: Slab piers and porch piers are specialized types of helical piers that are can be used for lighter weight structures, such as concrete slab foundations and porches or stoops.
- Pressure Grouting: This is a method that involves injecting a cement based grout beneath the slab to fill voids caused by erosion and lift and stabilize the foundation. Pressure grouting can be used instead of or in addition to underpinning methods with pier installation.
If the erosion around your home is leading to basement water issues, encapsulation with a vapor barrier to seal out moisture is also an option. Here at Atlas Piers, we serve areas in Georgia around the city of Atlanta. Some of the other cities that we service in Georgia include: Alpharetta, Marietta, Douglasville, Roswell, Johns Creek, Albany, East Point, and Sandy Springs. For more information on our service area and foundation repair solutions, contact us today.
Sometimes Carbon Fiber Foundation Repair is the Best Choice
One common problem in the Atlanta, GA is bowing, leaning and cracking basement walls. The cause of bowing and leaning walls is often excess moisture in the soil. When this excess moisture is absorbed by the ground around your foundation, it increases the hydrostatic pressure in the soil. This increased pressure pushes against the walls, causing them to bow or lean inward, or even develop wall cracks. When this happens, the Atlas Piers foundation repair team can use carbon fiber strips to repair and restore the bowing and cracking walls.
Carbon fiber strips are used in many instances where steel beams would have been used in the past. First, the wall is ground smooth and covered with a high strength epoxy. The strips are then applied and ingrained into the epoxy with the help of pressure and a steel angle which is bolted to the top. This repair method seems quite simple, but is still very precise and is best left to the professionals such as those at Atlas Piers.
There are several benefits to using carbon fiber strips over other repair methods. Some of the most prevalent benefits include:
- Low Visibility: Once they are installed, the carbon fiber strips can be easily covered with basement studs or painted over, since they show only a fraction of an inch.
- High Durability: The carbon fiber strips are incredibly strong and will not break or stretch; carbon fiber makes for a great permanent repair.
- Quick Installation: Depending on how severe the damage is, how big the walls are, and the extent of the bowing or leaning, carbon fiber repairs can be completed in as little time as one day.
- Little to No Maintenance: Once the carbon fiber has been applied to the wall, it requires no further attention or future maintenance.
- Affordability: Since the carbon fiber repair process is so quick and relatively simple, it tends to be much more affordable than other bowing and leaning wall repair methods.
- Environmentally Friendliness: Carbon fiber is a very “green” option, especially compared to some other methods of foundation repair. If you are concerned with being eco-friendly, choose carbon fiber strips.
Other Bowing, Leaning Wall Solutions for Georgia
Sometimes, your bowing and leaning foundation walls may require other repair options than just carbon fiber strips. Another repair option that we offer is helical tiebacks. These helical anchors resemble large screws, and are installed laterally from the inside of the affected wall. The anchors are driven into the soil next to the wall to provide opposite horizontal pressure. This pressure counteracts the pressure from the soil that is causing the wall to lean inward, pulling the wall back to the proper position.
Wall plate anchors can also be used to correct bowing or leaning basement walls. The first step in wall plate anchor installation is to sink an anchor into the yard adjacent to the bowing wall. Next, a plate is installed on the interior of the wall and a rod is used to connect the plate and the exterior anchor. The plate and rod are then tightened at regular intervals to gradually straighten the wall.
If you notice the walls in your basement are leaning, bowing, or cracking, contact us today. The foundation repair team at Atlas Piers can help decide the right solution for you, whether it is carbon fiber, or another type of repair.
Foundation Repair Costs in Atlanta, GA
Many homeowners are deterred from foundation repair services due to the seemingly high foundation repair costs. These services, however, are often vital in keeping the home safe and secure. It may seem like repairing small problems such as foundation cracks or sticking doors is extremely expensive, but the longer these problems remain unsolved, the worse the damage will become. Often, a small crack in your foundation or your foundation wall can lead to water leakage, pest infestation, and severe structural damage. Atlas Piers provides the residents of Atlanta, Georgia and the surrounding areas with repair solutions at a reasonable price.
It is important for homeowners to invest in professional foundation repair services as soon as they notice any signs of foundation failure in their homes. Some of the most common signs of foundation failure to watch for include:
- Cracked Foundation
- Leaning or Bowing Walls
- Cracked Walls
- Sticking Doors or Windows
- Cracked Floors
- Uneven or Sloped Floors
- Wet or Damp Crawlspace
- Settling Foundation
If you see any of these signs in your home, contact a repair professional at Atlas Piers immediately.
How Immediate Foundation Repair Can Save You Money
In many cases, small foundation problems lead to much more serious issues if ignored. The longer you wait to repair the problem, the more that will go wrong. Leaving even the smallest foundation problems alone can lead to leaning walls; settling, shifting, or sinking foundations; and even entire home collapsing. This is why it is important to take care of foundation issues as soon as they are discovered. This will cut down on the costs as larger foundation problems and more structural damage tend to result in more expensive and more complicated repairs.
When choosing foundation repair services, many homeowners consider the costs to be the determining factor. The quality of the repairs, however, is often more important than the costs. If the repairs to your home are done incorrectly, they may cause further issues and even more damage to the structure. Correctly completed repairs, however, will not only fix the problem, but will help stabilize the home for years to come, preventing future foundation problems while fixing the issue at hand. The team at Atlas Piers is specially trained to provide you with the best quality foundation repairs.
We also use premiere foundation repair products from the leading supplier, ECP (Earth Contact Products), to make sure that the repairs last for several years to come. ECP foundation products are durable and effective, made from galvanized steel to ensure a strong repair. Popular foundation repair products from ECP are: steel push piers, helical piers, helical tiebacks, new construction piers, and helical anchors.
Foundation Repair Costs Explained
Every home is different; because of this, there is no set cost for each type of foundation repair. There are however, several factors that can help give you an idea of the foundation repair costs for your home:
- House size: obviously, underpinning services for larger homes will be more expensive than those for smaller homes.
- Severity of issue: The more extensive the problem is, the more difficult and more expensive it will be to repair.
- Type of repair: Some repairs cost more than others due to the extra work and equipment needed. For example, piering is a more expensive solution, than simpler repairs such as carbon fiber strips, or pressure grouting, as it involves more labor from the contractor, and often some excavation.
- New Construction: Some of our foundation repair techniques can be used with new construction to prevent future foundation problems. These prices typically vary from other piering prices.
Come to Atlas Piers for the best foundation repair solutions. We work hard to determine the right solution for you, while keeping the costs as low as possible. For more information, contact us today!
Expert Foundation Contractors in Georgia and Alabama
When it comes to your home, one of the most important components is the foundation. Because the foundation supports the weight of the entire structure, it is vital that the foundation be kept structurally sound and stable. Often, foundations will develop issues such as settlement or sinking. These problems can be caused by excess moisture, increased hydrostatic pressure, or soil movement. When your foundation begins to sink or settle, it may result in various structural issues throughout the home. If you discover a foundation problem in your home, it is important to contact a professional repair expert immediately. While many homeowners attempt to tackle foundation repair on their own, it is best left to an experienced professional, such as the team of foundation repair contractors at Atlas Piers.
Here at Atlas Piers, we offer a wide variety of foundation repair solutions to keep your foundation secure and stabilized. These repair solutions often involve complicated methods that should only be completed by a professional with plenty of experience in the field. For over 25 years, Atlas Piers has been providing the Atlanta area with top quality foundation repair. Our team is full of experts for every area of foundation repair, whether it is a small residential repair job, or a larger scale repair for a commercial project, we have you covered. Foundation repair is our specialty – over the years, we have refined our skills to provide our customers with the highest quality of work for all foundation repair situations. Our professional contractors can take care of any foundation problem, from foundation settlement, to sinking foundations, to bowing or leaning basement walls, to wet or damp crawlspaces or basements, to cracks in your foundation, walls, or floors.
Why is Atlas Piers Your Best Choice for a Foundation Repair Contractor in Georgia and Alabama?
Atlas Piers is an excellent choice for foundation repair in the states of Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Florida because of our wide range of commercial and residential services. Some of the main foundation repair services that we offer include:
- Helical Pier Installation: The installation of helical piers helps to stabilize sinking and settling foundations. Foundation repair contractors installing helical piers must be experienced enough to ensure that the pier is being installed safely and that there is accurate lift and proper stability for the foundation.
- Steel Push Pier Installation: Much like helical pier installation, any foundation contractor who installs steel push piers should be able to safely and effectively drive the pier into the ground beneath the foundation.
- Pressure Grouting: The pressure grouting process is used to lift slab foundations and fill voids in the ground beneath structures. It takes a skilled professional such as those at Atlas Piers to make sure that the injection holes are correctly spaced and that the grout is injected at the correct pressure and speed to provide maximum lift and stability.
- Wall Encapsulation: This is a method used to install a vapor barrier along damp crawlspace or basement walls to seal out moisture. The experts here at Atlas Piers will make sure that the vapor barrier in your home is properly installed to keep moisture out of the crawlspace and prevent further damage to the structure.
- Carbon Fiber Repairs: Carbon fiber is often used to repair cracks in basement walls and strengthen the walls so that they no longer bow or lean. Our team is very efficient, and can complete a carbon fiber repair in virtually no time to straighten the bowing or leaning walls and seal cracks in your home or business.
- New Construction Pier Installation: If you have a new construction project, our team can install new construction piers to ensure that the home is adequately stabilized and supported. This process prevents future foundation problems, and the Atlas Piers foundation contractors can install these piers any time of the year to keep your project moving along.
These are just some of the services that we offer here at Atlas Piers. Other repair solutions that we provide include: helical tieback installation, helical slab pier installation, shoring, underpinning, micro pull down pile installation, porch pier installation, and chimney repair. Our wide selection of services and experience in all aspects of foundation repair makes us the obvious choice for all of your foundation repair needs.
Commerical Contractor in Atlanta
Once of the most intimidating feelings is that of owning your own commercial business. If you own your own business, it is likely the biggest investment you have. That is why it is important to keep your business strong and sturdy. It is a good idea to have the foundation of your commercial structures examined regularly for the signs of foundation failure. If any signs of a foundation problem are found, it can be repaired immediately.
Atlas Piers is ranked #1 out of over 111 Atlas contractors throughout the nation. This is because we value the safety and stability of your foundation, we install only the most reliable products to give your foundation the strongest possible repairs. If you are looking for a commercial foundation repair contractor in the Atlanta area, look no further. Contact Atlas Piers today for more information on our commercial foundation products and commercial repair solutions.
Have a Commercial Construction Project in Atlanta? Let Atlas be your Commercial Contractor for your Underpinning Projects
If you live in Atlanta and have a commercial project coming up or are in need of
commercial foundation repair, the spring season is the perfect time for Atlas Piers of Atlanta to help you with your commercial underpinning needs.
Our commercial underpinning services include:
If you have noticed some of the signs of foundation failure in your business, don’t hesitate to call the professionals at Atlas Piers of Atlanta to come and inspect your business and offer the best solution for your commercial foundation repair needs. Some of the signs to look for are:
For new commercial construction, Atlas Piers of Atlanta will install helical piers at the beginning of the new construction so you will be assured that your new business won’t have foundation issues in the future. These helical piers are screwed into the earth to stable soil so when the new construction is built onto these piers, you will be assured that it will not move or shift from being built on unstable soil.
The experts at Atlas Piers of Atlanta has teamed up with professionals around the Atlanta area to provide special services to business owners. These services include:
- Pressure grouting
- Structural repair
- Crawlspace encapsulation
- Concrete repair/replacement
All of the products we use for commercial foundation repair are manufactured by Earth Contact Products (ECP), the leader in foundation repair products in the industry. We have been in business in the Atlanta, GA for over 25 years and have expanded our business to include Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
Let us help you get your new construction off to a good start or get your current business’ foundation repaired and structurally sound. We take pride in our work and we will get the job done quickly so that you can get your business going. Don’t hesitate, contact us today for any of your commercial underpinning needs.
Atlas is Experienced in Residential and Commercial Foundation Repair
Since 1987, Atlas Piers of Atlanta has been providing Atlanta and the surrounding areas with professional, affordable foundation repair services. Our well trained staff is always prepared to inspect your home and discuss the best solutions for you. We are dedicated to keeping your home and business stable and safe for you, your family, and your customers. We are the most trusted provider of foundation repair in Atlanta.
Atlas Piers of Atlanta utilizes only the best Earth Contact Products in all our repair and construction jobs. ECP offers high-quality, durable steel products that will ensure the quality of your foundation repair job. ECP is “the very best” provider of foundation repair and basement waterproofing products across the country, and we are proud to use their products.
As a locally owned and operated business with a service area spanning six different southeastern states, Atlas Piers of Atlanta prides itself on offering a variety of foundation repair solutions to fit your unique situation and budget. Our foundation repair in Atlanta services will help correct a number of the problems plaguing your home or business such as sloping floors, leaning walls, sticking windows, cracked walls, leaning chimneys, and settling garages. Whatever problem you may be experiencing, we have a solution.
Our services include:
- new construction underpinning. Want to prevent foundation failure while constructing your new home or business? Atlas Piers of Atlanta offers preventative measures with our new commercial construction underpinning and our new residential construction underpinning. You don’t have to wait for problems to occur – stop foundation failure in its tracks!
- helical underpinning. Helical piers are installed in many Atlanta homes. These piers are screwed into the ground beneath your home, transferring the load of your house to more stable soil further down in the ground. This will keep your home from slipping when there are changes in the soil, and it will also correct any sinking that has occurred.
- pressure grouting. Pressure grouting is used when sinking soil causes large voids to form beneath your foundation, sidewalk, driveway, or garage. These voids provide no support for your concrete, making it sink and crack. This can be extremely dangerous. During pressure grouting, Atlas Piers will drill a small hole into your concrete and inject a high concentration concrete solution to fill the void and provide the support your home needs.
- carbon fiber repairs. Carbon fiber repairs are becoming increasingly popular because they are low-cost, eco-friendly, and minimally invasive. Carbon fiber strips are applied to your walls to strengthen them and correct bows, leans, or cracks.
- encapsulation. Encapsulation is the process of waterproofing your crawlspace. When your foundation shifts, it can allow excess moisture into your basement and crawlspace. This can cause mold growth and damage to the structure of your home. During encapsulation, a professional applies a vapor barrier to the walls of your crawlspace, sealing out any extra moisture that may enter.
- helical tieback installation. Like carbon fiber strips, helical tiebacks are used to correct bowing and leaning walls. These are long rods and plates that are inserted diagonally through your wall and into the soil. This can decrease pressure from expanding soil and pull bowing or leaning walls back to their original position.
- and many more!
Choose Atlas Piers of Atlanta as your Foundation Contractor
Customers of Atlas Piers of Atlanta have praised the company for their honesty, their thoroughness, and their well-crafted foundation repair services. One customer claimed that, even after examining all options for a foundation repair provider, “Atlas proposed the best solution and value, and did outstanding work”.
Another customer appreciated Atlas’ honesty, saying that, after a professional Atlas inspector came to survey their home, they were told that they didn’t need underpinning after all, saving them money and an unnecessary repair job. At Atlas, we pride ourselves on our customer service, and we will never suggest an unnecessary repair just to earn money. Our customers are our biggest priority!
Atlas also prides itself on the durability of our repairs. ECP is a proven brand that we trust, and 99% of our customers never need us to correct a repair or replace any of the products used. We are happy to never have repeat customers! Though one customer on Angie’s List still claims that, if she was ever in need of another foundation repair job, she would certainly contact Atlas. Some testimonials for Atlas Piers of Atlanta:
May 1, 2013 – “From the moment I met this team, their experience and integrity shined through. On our project, they did a great job!! It was done right, on-time, and under budget. I would absolutely use them again!”
June 28, 2010 – “I don’t think I have ever worked with a more professional company. They were quick to respond, very professional, friendly by phone, in person and through email and they always showed-up when they said they would. Their original price quote was above that of another comparable company, but they wanted my business and they dropped their price. I highly recommend them.”
January 27, 2010 – “A very quality conscious organization that exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend Chad, Butch and the ‘team’.”
Click here for more testimonials from Atlas Piers customers. Atlas is affiliated with the Associated General Contractors of America, as well as AGC Georgia. We are a BBB Accredited Business. Contact us today for more information about our foundation repair services in Atlanta and the surrounding areas.
New Homes Constructed with Piering Solutions are Built to Last
Just like many of the other states in the southern part of the country, Georgia receives a decent amount of rainfall year-round. This precipitation has been known to effect new home construction and the stability of already built homes in the area. When you and your family are beginning to build your dream home, or you begin making plans for the new store you’ve wanted to open for years, it is important to be aware of certain precautions that can be taken to make your home less susceptible to settling and the problems that come with it.
Atlas Piers of Atlanta is known for our piering options. When home and business owners in Georgia run into foundation failure, they call us to solve their problem. But did you know that piering isn’t just for failing foundations? Sure, many homeowners do wait until they notice signs of trouble to consider underpinning, but that doesn’t have to always be the case. Why wait until your home is damaged to repair it? Wouldn’t it be easier to prevent the problem from occurring in the first place? New construction piering is the most durable, useful investment you can make with your new home or business. It can save you both time and money, and you won’t ever have to worry about a settling foundation.
The soil found in and around Atlanta can cause some pretty extensive damage to your home. Sometimes, the home may not be constructed properly, causing the home to sink over time. However, most often, the sinking is a natural reaction to the loose soil in Georgia. After bearing the weight of your home for an extended period of time, the soil beneath your foundation will begin to compact under the pressure. This can leave large, gaping spaces beneath the concrete, and the concrete is not strong enough to support the weight of your home without the soil beneath it. This can lead to sinking, cracking, and possible water damage in your basement.
The problems can extend to the other parts of your home as well. If the soil beneath your foundation settles, it can cause:
- sticking doors or windows
- leaning or bowing walls
- garage column cracks
- leaning chimney
- cracked floors or walls
- water in your crawlspace
- sloped floors
To prevent these problems from plaguing your home, consider new construction piering in Atlanta. Helical piers can be installed while your home is being constructed. This means that your house is given extra support, and you don’t have to worry about the soil sinking beneath it. Helical piers are durable and strong, keeping your home stable for many years to come. Don’t wait for a problem with a sinking foundation to inevitably show up – prevent it from happening with new construction piering.
Piering for Commercial Projects in Atlanta, GA by Atlas Piers
Here at Atlas, we understand that your business can feel like your baby, and we want to help you protect that baby from the effects of sinking soil. Businesses in Atlanta are just as susceptible to foundation failure, and investing in helical piering for your new commercial construction can mean investing in your businesses’ future. A single crack in your businesses’ foundation can ruin its professional look and potentially scare away or harm customers. Why take the chance? Make the investment with new commercial construction underpinning.
When installing helical piers during construction, the mess is minimized. Why? Because there hasn’t been landscaping or other fixtures installed yet, meaning the disruption to your property isn’t as extensive. Atlas Piers of Atlanta installs high quality ECP piers. These piers are designed to be installed in a wide variety of weather conditions and are built to last, providing long-term stability for your business.
You won’t ever have to worry about cracks in your floors that could trip customers, or water in your basement because your foundation has shifted. There will be no sloping floors, no sticking windows, and no emergency call to Atlas because you have a leaning wall that’s threatening collapse. Our helical piers will keep your foundation secure and level, no matter what the conditions of the soil are. Whether the soil is expanding because of excess rainfall or shrinking because of weight or drought, you can be sure that your businesses’ foundation will stay where it is. New construction piering in Atlanta takes away some of the stress of owning a business so that you can focus solely on what matters most – the business itself.
If you’re looking to make an investment in your home or business and would like some more information on new construction piering, contact Atlas Piers of Atlanta today. You can trust us to ensure the stability of your home and business.