Commercial Soil Shoring Screws/Nails
Our engineered systems allow for underpinning/soil shoring of existing shallow footings, permitting excavation adjacent to an existing structure to a depth that would otherwise undermine the existing footing and damage the structure. The technique includes a unique hydraulic system that utilizes continuous pressure to limit noise and vibration, thus ensuring the safety of onsite and nearby structures.
This engineered solution is especially advantageous to commercial property owners as it enables them to construct buildings with maximum possible footprints, with one or more basement levels, in order to maximize income potential.
The system incorporates integration of several Atlas foundation support products. Modiﬁed resistance piers underpin the foundation of the existing structure. Next, the structural load from the footing is transfered down to a suitable load bearing stratum below the depth of the intended excavation. Helical soilnails combined with shotcrete retaining wall are used to maintain stability of the cut slope and the underpinning system as the excavation proceeds.
Atlas Soil Nailing is a method of earth retention that relies on reinforcing members installing in a geometric pattern to create an internally/mechanically reinforced soil mass.
Soil Nail Walls are constructed from the top down. The construction sequence for the typical Soil Nail Wall includes:
- Initial excavation of up to 5 feet deep depending upon design parameters and soil conditions.
- Installation of the first row of helical soil nails to the required angle of inclination, torque and embedment lengths.
- Placement of drainage system (if required).
- Placement of wall reinforcement and bearing plates.
- Placement of shotcrete to the required wall thickness.
- Allow for cure time and then repeat the sequence for successive rows of soil nails.
- Continue the process until the final design depth (wall height) is achieved.
If you have a new commercial construction project that is in need of professional shoring, come to Atlas Piers of Atlanta!
To see how you could save both time and money with commercial shoring from Atlas Piers for your Atlanta business, call us now!